In August 2017, I wrote my first blog on the impact of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) on the human mind and body. Of course, there are numerous benefits that we experience in our lives from tools that operate on WiFi, and quite frankly would find it difficult to do without mobile phones and all WIFI driven appliances that are now in our homes, cars and offices.
Smart metres are built into every new home so that meter readings are fed to the network supplier on a constant basis. As a health professional, I am no lover of the Smart meter which pulses radiation up to 14,000 times per day into your living environment and that of all your neighbours as well. We have been seeing the impact of EMR, often termed electrosmog, on individuals for some time already. With 5G this is only going to get worse. Common symptoms include fatigue, severe migraines, brain fog, lack of energy, hypersensitivity to radio masts and Smart meters which can be quite debilitating for the sufferer. For most of us the sensitivity takes time to build, but for those that are more sensitive the effects are almost immediate when coming into contact with a Smart meter or in a Wifi powered environment Unfortunately, for most once the damage has been done, removing the Smart meter does not remove the health issue. The symptoms become less sensitive, but when in contact with a direct source of EMR they return instantaneously.
This leads to the question of 5G? 5G (Fifth generation) is the latest in the succession of electromagnetic radiation which is engineered to increase the speed and responsiveness of wireless networks. 5G is being slowly rolled out globally including across the UK to enable a significant increase in the amount of data transmitted over wireless systems through the increased bandwidth. It is being marketed into our lives based on the increased speed for downloading and uploading data. As the recent pandemic highlighted, many of us have realized that working at present day speeds and intensity is fast enough. Why would we want to increase speed further to receive or send something several seconds faster?
The Facts about 5G
5G is the link to the so called “Internet of Things” which will enable data collection in real time from all smart devices that are driven by the connection to internet, including Smart metres, driverless cars, mobile phones, smart devices in houses – fridges, lights, heating control etc. The general plan is ultimately to live in Smart cities where everything is controlled by WiFi connectivity. With 4G the latency period (time for downloading and uploading data) is 20-30 milliseconds, with 5G this is reduced to 1 millisecond or less. Data collected will be sent back to the central computer for analysis through Artificial Intelligence. Hence why we hear the phrase “Data is the new oil”. 5G is primarily concerned with data and not voice or text transmission.
How does it operate?
5G sensors will be and are being added to the existing 4G antennas, keeping 4G transmission also. Additional sensors for 5G will be placed in buildings, on light poles, in cameras, in elevators, thermostats and so on. Unlike the 4G antennas, 5G are small square boxes as opposed to long rectangular devices we see on the 4G masts. One of the key issues about 5G is that it has to have a shorter distance between masts or locations to work effectively. 5G is not switched on all the time, it is only on when demand is there. If the demand is there it sends out a vast number of pulses to supply that demand, thus increasing the electrosmog. All new generation mobile phones have the capacity to work from 4 and 5G. They will automatically resort to the fastest connection in relation to the location of the user. For 5G to be effective this has to be within 3 feet of the transmitter contrary to 4G which is within 50 feet of the transmitter. 4G is also a pulsed technology, but is constantly switched on. Radio frequencies are therefore intermittent or constant, most importantly they are odourless, silent and invisible.
5G transmission is easily affected by rain and air molecules which can either slow or scatter the transmission, deeming it inconsistent. 5G is also deflected by buildings and therefore it cannot transmit through walls, unlike 4G. This is why it is important for the suppliers to have transmitters in buildings and to combine the 4 and 5G frequencies. Overall the amount of GHz will vary from 10-30 in any given place. London is on 28GHz.
The recent article in the Financial Times article (Emma Jacobs, April 16, 2020), “Homeworking: isolation, anxiety and burnout”, included several comments related to the impact of the lockdown on human physical and mental health, especially mental. BUPA are reporting that “workplace psychologists are fully booked for virtual consultations. It’s health and wellbeing line has received 300 percent more calls since the Coronavirus unfolded.” Without COVID19 we already have considerable stress in the work and home environments caused by factors such as work volume, speed of response, artificially conditioned environments, poor diet, WiFi generated offices, toxic work environments, and so on. The human body was never designed to live in an environment permanently hooked to electromagnetic radiation which is further weakened by other stresses on the mind and body of poor nutrition, chemical, water and air pollutants. It is a cocktail that the human mind and body struggles to balance, overall weakening the immune system.
Research carried out in schools with 4G wireless connection has shown an elevation in neurological problems in children, including learning difficulties, fatigue and hyperactivity disorder. When changing to plug in broadband or fibre optic technology in place of WiFi these issues appear to go away. Barrie Trower, British physicist and former researcher on the effects of radiation in the Royal Navy and Military Intelligence, explains about children’s sensitivity to WiFi radiation:
“Children are physiologically and neurologically immature. It takes years for the blood-brain barrier to form, leaving children more prone to cell-leakage from microwave radiation. In all the schools I have visited around the world with Wi-Fi, everyone has reported the same symptoms in students: fatigue, headaches, nausea, chest pain and vision problems.” Surely, alarm bells have to be ringing when we further increase the levels of EMR into our homes and places of work?
“The evidence for dis-regulation of proteins in the brain from whole body exposure to RF/MW radiation, such as the radiation emitted by cell phones, portable phones, wireless devices or ambient RF/MW from cell towers, whether proteins are up-regulated or down-regulated, is of great concern for its impact on children’s capacity to learn.” Mr Trower reported.
In 2007, the European Environment Agency put the potential risk of mobile phone radiation on the same level as asbestos and PCBs. In Russia in 2007, the Russian Radiation Protection Committee (RNCNIRP) released an urgent appeal to warn against the risks of mobile phone radiation in children and young people: “Through the expected prolonged use of mobile phones, tumour formation is likely by age 25-30; by age 50-60, depressive syndromes, dementia and other degeneration of the cranial nerves could be expected.”
Perhaps there is a connection in the increase between autistic spectrum disorders and EMR?
Dr Dietrich Klinghardt PhD, Kinghardt Academy, has been working with autistic children for over 25 years and knows that in order to reverse early on-set autism the environment in which the child is living has to be de-toxified of all Wifi devices in order to achieve any success. Dr Kinghardt works with a protocol that he terms as “night time, daytime, internal and external”. This protocol includes protection through special clothing and at night a shield of grounded, silver-coated cloth for complete protection. Heavy metal detoxification and complete removal of WiFi driven devices are also essential actions to achieve the desired outcome.
How is EMR affecting our health?
There are many signs and symptoms that indicate electro hypersensitivity including:
- Increase in food allergies
- Brain fog
- Lowered fertility as EMF lowers the sperm quality in men, lowers progesterone in women as well as the total egg count. Since the introduction of 3G, sperm counts have dropped by 50%
- Lack of compassion and consideration of others (the first part of the brain that is affected by EMR)
- Increase in brain disorders including ADHD, Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Thyroid diseases as thyroid hormones in both men and women are lowered
According to Dr Martin Pall PhD, Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences, Washington State University, in his opinion we can expect to see, if we are not doing so already:
- Issues with the heart and the cardiac system
- Issues with the vascular system due to the effects of EMF on the erythrocytes in the blood, including haemostasis (blood clotting) and anaemia
- Decreased kidney function
- Issues with the skin through a surge in epidermis melanomas
- Weakening of the immune through decrease of white blood cells. Malfunctioning of the immune system, causing an increase in autoimmune diseases. (T-cells signaling is affected resulting in an imbalance in the concentration of calcium ions on the inside and outside of the cells as EM frequency causes the voltage gated calcium channels to open.)
How can you protect yourself from 5G and 4G electromagnetic frequencies (EMF’s) and potential mental and physical damage?
The best solution is to stop the roll out of 5G and stay with 4G technology, which from a health perspective, we know is not safe. However, it is here to stay and to a certain extent manageable. In the event that the world decides to implement 5G below are some steps to put in place to assist with minimising the impact on wellbeing through reduction in EMF exposure. These tips also work for 4G exposure. At the end, I have also listed companies where you can find items being recommended:
- Remove all mobile devices including mobile phones, cordless phones, television etc from the bedroom. At night our parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest) is at work. We are at our most vulnerable to the impact of EMR waves when in parasympathetic state. Also important to follow with 4G technology.
- Switch off WiFi at night. Avoid 5G routers.
- Switch to wired connections in the home or cover the router with a protective cover.
- When talking on the mobile phone put it on speaker to keep the phone away from your body.
- Avoid carrying mobile devices in clothing on the body. Manufacturers of mobile phones know the impact of this technology, as they include in the small print that mobile phones should not be carried on the body and when speaking to someone, use the phone on speaker mode.
- AVOID installing a Smart meter or any other “Smart” device in the home.
- Reduce wireless devices in the home and those that draw 5G into the home – thermostats for temperature control, lighting, speaker systems, TV’s……
- Disable Bluetooth
- Use protective clothing, bedding, shields for those that are hypersensitive or if you are living in an environment that is already linked up to 5G.
Children are highly sensitive as the immune system is not fully developed until about 6 years old and the brain is unprotected until the blood brain barrier is formed in the mid teens:
- Limit time on devices that rely on wireless connection
- Avoid giving your child a mobile phone until 15 years old
- If using a mobile phone keep the phone simple to allow for calls and texting only
- Remove all WiFi driven devices from the bedroom
References and Useful Contacts
Companies with recommended items:
For further information you can contact Rachel Shackleton directly via the website www.greenkeyhealth.co.uk
New here? I write about how to take a holistic approach to health and well-being, to treat illness and help you be the best you can be. You can read similar blogs here:
Do you love Pinterest as much as I do? Please pin any of these graphics!